This year, SFC Australia Ministry continues to be well received by the entire Jindabyne/Perisher community and has already seen a huge impact in the community during the first half of the season. The team of Jess, Brenno, Jai, Felix, and Luca has been a huge to assist to Taylor while supporting the SFC Australia movement.
This year, SFC volunteers at the op shop, Day and Night, serve the local community through making contacts/friendships with the local Jindabyne ski/snowboard community and meeting the local shred scene. The SFC Op Shop Night has consistently fed over 100 people each week. It’s a place where people get a meal and feel welcomed by God’s love. SFC also hosted a movie night at Alpine Adventist to share the Good News and SFC’s mission and vision. They are planning to run the same movie night at the local beach’s burrito bar. Monday nights, the SFC meets for a LifeGroup/ Weekly Winter Word Bible study. It has been a great way to grow, pray, and encourage each other.
The team looks forward to what God has in store for the rest of the season and expects God to continue to do big things! Big thank you to the SFC Jindy Family team and OP Shop at the Alpine Uniting Church for their faithfulness and love for the community in Jindabyne.
SFC Australia in Victoria Mountains
Rissa Davies, 16 years old, felt God urging her to race boards as an olympian and become a light on the hill in the competition scene. The Davies family and Cat Farmer, have a heart to see an active SFC presence at Mt Buller, Falls Creek, and Mt Hotham. They have entered a crazy journey of having to trust God for his provision for places to stay and funds to compete. They continue to see Him provide in increasing measure.
SFC New Zealand/YWAM Queenstown SDTS
SFC got to spend the week encouraging the students and staff at YWAM Queenstown Snowboard/Ski Discipleship Training School. SFC started in New Zealand in 1997, and it breaks our hearts that there are currently no active chapters in New Zealand. Inspiring the younger generation is so important. They now know opportunities to do SFC exist around the world. Many of the students were very interested in joining the SFC movement when they graduate from DTS. SFC was able to share the vision and mission to bridge the lost to Jesus in the shred culture to the SDTS crew, SFC contacts in New Zealand, and the local churches.
Cameron Haylock in Christchurch has a heart to do SFC at Mt Hutt and Alyssa & Christian from YWAM Queenstown can see doing a SFC Community night on Mondays. Please keep SFC New Zealand in your prayers that a team will step up to lead the SFC movement back into Queenstown, Wanaka, and Christchurch.
– For the SFC Australia team (Taylor, Jess, Brendan, Alan, Jai, Felix, Luca, Cat, Pete & Larissa) that they will hold each other accountable and stay safe on mountain. Please pray for their work volunteering at the op shop and church, discipling new friends, and evangelising to the community.
– For people to continue to join the SFC Lifegroup Weekly Winter Word on Mondays
– For building relationships with Perisher, Thredbo, and Victoria Media contacts.
– For upcoming outreach events.
– For snow.
– For possible baptisms.
– For more people to start a relationship with Jesus.
– For the YWAM SDTS students to have heart to do SFC.
– For Rebecca Banning, a new SFC Australia volunteer from USA, arriving August.
– For new leaders to step up to run SFC New Zealand.